Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Longboard




Do many of you out there longboard? Cuz, you really should.

I bought my first skateboard when I moved to America in 2001 after being totally in love with the PlayStation Tony Hawk games. My first board, was a really cheap one; I think it was about $25. Anyhow, I taught myself to ride and turn, but I've always failed in doing tricks. Yup, that's right, I can't even do an ollie. I've tried a million times.

So, after riding and falling numerous times, I really stacked my board away in the garage, taking it out on occasions just for fun. It wasn't until I joined university that I bought two new boards. This time they were longboards.

So many people on campus here either ride bikes, skateboards, or longboards. I was really attracted to the longboards and I ended up buying a Sector 9 Tree Hugger (white-women's series), early last year. This board is long; I believe the length is 40 inches. So I began using it on campus and it's been amazing. The feeling I get when I'm riding real fast is thrilling. Sometimes I even spread out my arms and let the wind pass underneath them. It's absolute freedom.

For now, I have stopped riding my Tree Hugger board. The end of last year, I ended up buying a smaller board (for nicer, curvier turns); this one is the Sector 9 Cosmic Series is about 34 inches in length. It's slightly different because it's more agile, smaller, curvier and I've been riding this one now. It's just awesome and a really smooth ride.

You all should try it. Get some wind under your arms to get a slight taste of freedom.

No comments: